Saturday, June 9, 2007

Have a Sweet Tooth?

In my opinion, dessert is the most important element of a meal. Note, I say most important, and not healthiest! My research on dessert making, dessert recipes, and dessert enthusiasts, has brought me to many blogs dedicated to just desserts. One of the many hits included this forum for dessert news: http://www.topix.net/food/dessert
One particular posting caught my attention. It was titled "Eat Your Veggies ... for Dessert?!" Its discussion included the shop Paciugo, a national chain renowned for its authentic Italian ice cream. However, this ice cream parlor isn't your average fatty, sugar-rising ice cream shop, it's a healthy alternative. Of the many gelato flavors, Banana Beet, Lime Chili Mango, and Strawberry Celery are a few.
This particular trend may not be suited for all, so if you are looking for a pick-me-up dessert try one of my favorites....Cappuccino Cheesecake!!!

OR

After a long-sunny day,
refresh your palette with my own
Coconut Key Lime Pie

No comments: